June 16, 2016

TBT #37 - Review: Debt Inheritance (Indebted #1) by Pepper Winters



TBT #37
 Pepper Winters Indebted Series  is on this week's #ThrowbackThrusday. Winters delivers the most controversial characters and story with turn of events you wouldn’t see coming. It's dark, gritty and undeniably romantic!


Title: Debt Inheritance
Author: Pepper Winters
Series: Indebted #1
Genre: dark romance

“I own you. I have the piece of paper to prove it. It’s undeniable and unbreakable. You belong to me until you’ve paid off your debts.”

Nila Weaver’s family is indebted. Being the first born daughter, her life is forfeit to the first born son of the Hawks to pay for sins of ancestors past. The dark ages might have come and gone, but debts never leave. She has no choice in the matter.

She is no longer free.

Jethro Hawk receives Nila as an inheritance present on his twenty-ninth birthday. Her life is his until she’s paid off a debt that’s centuries old. He can do what he likes with her—nothing is out of bounds—she has to obey.

There are no rules. Only payments.

A modern day Dark Erotic Romance



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW

***3.5 stars***

description

Nila Weaver a 24 years old fashion designer from London. Born to wealthy family she doesn’t have a privilege to date or party hard because of the over protective men in her life, her doting father and her twin brother also her best friend. All her time is invested in designing or sewing her dress, leaving her sexually starved but with the mysterious text from a stranger Kite007 her passion is evoked and she gets indulged in sexting with him.

On the night of her first successful professional show in Milan her life has turned upside down when her father introduces her to the man with a golden eyes, perfectly styled salt and pepper hair wearing a diamond pin pierced to his jacket lapel- Jethro Hawk. He wants to take her out, since she’s craving for a male companion and also to grab this rare opportunity she gets to spend her time with a good looking man who’s been approved by her father, she agrees to it.

Jethro comes from a powerful family owing a diamond business. He is vile, arrogant and a predator in disguise of a gentleman. On his twenty-ninth birthday he will inherit something more than titles or money, he gets a job to uphold his family honor, he gets Nila as his pet whose life is sold to pay off the long standing debts.
“She had to learn that the day granted hope and happiness, but I stole it. She had to face that the night hid evil and darkness, but my soul was blacker.” 
That night will be the last night she sees her family, last day of her freedom last day of her won, when she learns her destiny that her fate is sealed off in a paper written six hundred years ago and her life is sold to pay her family’s debt.
“I truly was Cinderella, only my prince threw away the glass slipper and stole me away before midnight struck. My prince was evil. My prince was the villain.”
Rating clarification:
2 stars for first half and
5 stars for second half.

First half was pure annoyance for me. The word ‘debt’ was emphasized so much that I started hating it to the core and trust me that word was written in every second page! Talk about a word getting on my nerve, trailing behind ‘debt’ and runner up for ‘annoying word of the day’ was ‘vertigo’.

Not just the words but the MC’s didn’t appeal me a bit. I mean Nila agrees to go out with a complete stranger who was nothing but a jerk to her, just so she could kiss him and if she’s lucky enough, even to be fucked by him. She really must be super horny or stupid to the highest level to do that! Well, I chose the latter.

Now don’t get me started with Jethro...his inner monologues were driving me nuts and I would love to spend time with Nila and her vertigo than hear his every thoughts!

Second half shut my yapping mouth like literally! The events that took place were so unbelievable it was a pure definition of dark and grittyand I found myself flipping pages to find out how this whole Debt thing plays off.

I loved the outstanding character development of the MC’s. Nila goes from being an innocent gullible person who was sucked in to the world of crude evil men to a strong determined woman who’ll do anything to survive. Jethro on other hand was a mystery and I loved that he was an anti-hero with no sign of redeeming quality, whose only aim is to gain the power of his father’s vast empire and ruin Nila.

The best of all, there wasn't any romance! Not yet though. There are lot many questions to be answered and mysteries of the family secrets to be revealed mostly I want to know how will Nila survive? And does Jethro's cold heart melt in process of extracting debt from Nila or is there more to his rudeness?

Can’t wait to find out...

No comments

Post a Comment

+up