May 04, 2015

Review: Paradox (Part of What If: The Anthology) by River Savage


Title: What If: The Anthology
Author: various
Series: no
Genre: contemporary romance
What If: The Anthology is a collaboration from some of today's hottest indie authors. What happens when one pivotal moment in a story changes? Have you ever wondered how things might have been? In these eight, never before released, novellas you'll see what happens when your favorite characters take a different path. A twist on the fictional reality you've already read. A chance to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

What if one little decision changed everything? What if?





This is only a review for Paradox by River Savage!

Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW




What If: The Anthology by Chelle Bliss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I only read the RIVER SAVAGE story STARS


paradox
/ˈparədɒks/
noun
a seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well founded or true


What a trip. Ever thought about what would happen if your favourite book took a completely different route?

Well, now I know. Consider my mind blown! AWESOME!

”Everything comes back to this one moment. The moment you know you took the wrong path, and this is what your outcome will be. If there was ever a moment that I would question myself, it would be this moment right now.

What if that day, when I decided to stay on this path, I changed my mind? Would that life be better? Would I have met Kadence? Become the man she needed? I want to say yes, that I am stuck in my own Paradox, a walking contradiction fighting to be understood. But none of this would be real then.”



Some of you might remember that Incandescent was one of my favourite biker reads of 2014. Paradox is basically a re-write, but with a twist.

Same characters, but different. Same situations, but different. Nix is for all intents and purposes bad and his club is not on the clean path. It's a very interesting read, that goes into the action part a lot faster (it's a lot shorter as well), skips a lot of the smooth sailing we got in Incandescent and delivers some wonderful chemistry between the main characters.

I'm almost inclined to say I like this little cluster fuck a bit better than the original story. At least I can now decide between re-reading a more fluffy and a more edgy look on a great story. Either way, thank god for the second twist at the end.

Happy Times all around!

Side note: Beau really grows on you, doesn't he?

**Paradox is part of the What If: The Anthology and is apparently only available as a paperback at the moment.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up