January 21, 2015

Review: Dirty Ties by Pam Godwin


Revenge. I race to finance it. I evade to protect it. I kill to attain it. I planned everything.

Except her. The alluring, curvaceous blonde at the finish line. With sapphire eyes that cheat and lie. Whose powerful family murdered mine.

I hate her. I want her.

I know she’s hiding something. But so am I.
















MY REVIEW


Dirty Ties by Pam Godwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 my perfect weekend read STARS


“The strongest love begins from a place of conflict.”


Let me just start off by saying this was exactly what I needed after all the drama and mystery I had before. Something light and sexy and with a little danger on top. Perfect weekend read. Thanks to all my friends here who read this over the last week and who basically spammed my timeline with the most fabulous reviews. You just can't escape this book right now.

Dirty Ties is a stand-alone story about fast bikes, sexy elevator rides, revenge, corrupt and ruthless families, as well as a smocking hot love-story. This book was my very first read byPam Godwin and I sure will continue exploring her work in the future.


Kaci Blaskel is a thirty-seven year old rich and powerful business woman, married to her best friend. Sounds good so far, right? Well her husband, Collin, also happens to be gay and yes, they were forced into the marriage by their merciless families who are not only major fails in their parental roles, but also criminal, heartless and downright evil.

Kaci and Collin have a very interesting relationship. They had been friends since forever and managed to find a way to live with the life they were pressured into. One way of coping was sharing bi-sexual lovers, but never ever touching on another.


It's all fun and games, but things get a lot more complicated when Collin falls for one of his boy-toys. Kaci is lonely and she has been for a long time. She is craving a real connection and a real relationship, but is trapped by her father-in-law with an ironclad marriage contract and the threat to sent Collin to prison if she doesn't play ball.

Her only escape is riding her Ducati and attending illegal bike races in order to get a glimpse at the unbeaten Evader, who dominates not only the races but also all of her fantasies!


“He was always present, fighting and twisting and charging into my mind, riding on his steel horse, and carrying my body beyond the edge of restless desire.A man I'd never met.”


Logan Flynt is thirty-two years old and he has one mission in life. Revenge. Revenge for his mother and all the other innocent people who have been wronged in the past. By who? Yeah, not going to tell you that just now. Just one thing...he has a master plan and he does it all on the back of his bike and he goes by the name of Evader and he has his eyes on the girl in silver sitting on her Ducati.


Things get really interesting one night when Miss Ducati gets herself into a tricky and possibly life threatening situation and her white night on a black steel horse rescues her. The evening ends in an elevator and it is quite possible that you have heard about this particular incident because it is rather memorable and people here like to talk about it...as they should.

“I didn't know what I was hoping for exactly. To see his face? Fat chance. To hear his voice again? Yes, please. To fuck with our helmets on? Awkward, but I'd take it.”


And after that the story gets even more mysterious. ...but you'll have to read and find out. ;P


There were a lot of mixed feelings about the instant lust/attraction between Kaci and Logan, but I really don't mind. At times the sparks flying insta-love gets on my nerves, but honestly it worked for me here. Without knowing both have sort of been attracted to one another for a long time and then there is the fast driving and adrenaline thing...anything can happen really.

They only thing that I would object to is the ending. It felt a bit rushed and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the whole plot would have worked nicely with a sequel. Gah...and I really hate serials, but there you have it.

All in all a most wonderful, fast paced read. Packed with lots of mystery and mayhem and oh-my-god don't even get me started on the horizontal and occasional vertical dancing...*swooooon*


“Nothing about our attraction was reserved or tame. He was fire, and I was the fuel. We were angry and wanton, passionate and aching. Explosive.And cruel.”


Also, there are countless ways to start a book, but going in with a threesome is just a guarantee to peak my interest. Yes, I was hooked from the first page and it never stopped until the end. If you are one of the few people who haven't read this one yet, I would strongly suggest that you get one it. ASAP!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up